By train the journey from Nakhon Ratchasima to Bangkok is scheduled to take from 4 hours 08 minutes to 6 hours 07 minutes depending upon which train you take.
Train Timetable: Nakhon Ratchasima to Bangkok
- Click on the Nakhon Ratchasima – Bangkok link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Nakhon Ratchasima - Bangkok ฿ 147–690 3h 49m – 6h 24m|
Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Station
Nakhon Ratchasima Railway Station is located at 131 Niwas Rd, Tambon Nai Mueang, Amphoe Mueang Buri Ram, Chang Wat Buri Ram 31000.
Bangkok Railway Station
The final stop for trains from Nakhon Ratchasima to Bangkok is Krung Thep Aphiwat Central Terminal.
Public Transport in Bangkok
Bangkok is a city with notably congested roads, which until a decade ago most visitors to the city negotiated in taxis and tuk-tuks. Things have moved on now with the Thai authorities having invested heavily in public transport system which are fast and efficient and, increasingly, ‘in the know visitors’ to Bangkok are using taxis and tuk-tuks less and less in favour of quicker and normally cheaper public transport options. Not everywhere is currently connected by rapid pubic transport systems in Central Bangkok, but with some thought and effort you can save a lot of money and time by using a combination of different forms of public transport to get around the city.
Other than taxis, motorcycle taxis and tuk-tuks try using the following transport systems when you next visit Bangkok:
- BTS: The BTS or ‘Sky Train’ is an elevated suburban railway service with 48 stations on 2 lines. Major stops include Nana BTS Station on the Sukhumvit Road and Siam Square BTS Station near the Siam Center shopping mall. Single fares range from 15 THB to 55 THB.
- MRT: The MRT or metro is an underground trains service with 45 stations on 2 lines. Major stops include Sukhumvit MRT Station on the Sukhumvit Road and Hua Lampong MRT Station near Bangkok Railway Station. Single fares range from 14 THB to 70 THB.
- ARL: The ARL or Airport Railway Link runs from Central Bangkok and goes as far as Suvarnabhumi Airport. The single far from Central Bangkok to Suvarnabhumi Airport is 45 THB.
- Bus Services: Bangkok has over 400 bus routes connecting nearly every part of Greater Bangkok. Popular routes for tourists include Khao San Road to Siam Square (8 THB) and Khao San Road to Don Mueang Airport (50 THB).
- Chao Phraya Express Boat: Commuter boat service on the Chao Phraya River with 37 stops. Popular stops include Sathorn (interchange with the BTS), Tha Tien (Grand Palace) and Phra Arthit (Khao San Road area). Single fares range from 10 THB to 32 THB.
- Canal Boats: There are several canal boat routes. The busiest is the Khlong Saen Saep boat service running 18 km east to west through Central Bangkok. Popular stops include Sapan Hua Chang (near Siam Square) and Nana Nua (on Sukhumvit Soi 3). Single fares range from 8 THB to 20 THB.