By bus the journey from Hua Hin to Nakhon Pathom is scheduled to take 2 hours 10 minutes.
Bus Timetable: Hua Hin to Nakhon Pathom
- Click on the Hua Hin – Nakhon Pathom link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Hua Hin - Nakhon Pathom ฿ 198 2h 10m|
Departure from Hua Hin
Bus services to Nakhon Pathom depart from the Hua Hin Prakit Yon Bus Stop, Hua Hin, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110.
Arrival in Nakhon Pathom
Bus services from Hua Hin to Nakhon Pathom terminate at the Prakit Yon Bus Stop, Lam Phaya, Mueang Nakhon Pathom District, Nakhon Pathom 73000.
Sanam Chandra Palace in Nakhon Pathom
The Sanam Chandra Palace is one of two major tourist attractions in Nakhon Pathom, the other is Phra Pathom Chedi. The Sanam Chandra Palace is an unusual royal palace, built during the early part of the 20th Century, in that the design of many of the buildings is distinctly European. The construction of the palace was commission by Crown Prince Vajiravudh, the future King Rama VI of Thailand. Prince Vajiravudh had taken an interest in the Phra Pathom Chedi and visited regularly. The palace was intended to be a place to stay nearby during his visits to the chedi. The Prince also used the palace as a base for a military unit which was under his command.
The Sanam Chandra Palace has 5 principal buildings set within large well maintained grounds making it a pleasant place to visit:
- Chaleemongkolasana Residence: Main building resembling a European castle painted yellow.
- Bhimarn Prathom Residence: Another European style building containing a prayer hall and an apartment used by the King.
- Samakkeemukamartaya Hall: Thai style throne hall.
- Mareerajaratabulung Residence: European style building made of teak connected to the Chaleemongkolasana Residence by a bridge with a roof.
- Thub Kwan Residence: Cluster of Thai style teak houses.