By minivan the journey from Khao Sok to Surat Thani is scheduled to take 2 hours 30 minutes.
Bus Timetable: Khao Sok to Surat Thani
- Click on the Khao Sok – Surat Thani link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Khao Sok - Surat Thani ฿ 1,500–2,200 1h 30m – 2h|
Departure from Khao Sok
Minivan services to Surat Thani depart from Khao Sok Van Station, Khlong Sok, Phanom District, Surat Thani 84250.
Arrival in Surat Thani
Minivan services from Khao Sok go to three places in Surat Thani: Surat Thani Railway Station, Surat Thani Airport and Surat Thani city centre. The city centre bus stop is near the Phantip Travel Office, 293 / 6-8 Talat Mai Road, Talat Market, Mueang Surat Thani District, Surat Thani 84000.
Travel from Surat Thani
Surat Thani is a transport hub for bus, ferry, rail and air links within Southern Thailand and for travel north in Thailand and South to Malaysia. There are a number of different travel options from Surat Thani for onward travel to a wide variety of destinations:
- Koh Samui & Koh Phangan: There are six different ferry services from Surat Thani to Koh Samui and five from Surat Thani to Koh Phangan.
- Lomprayah High Speed Ferry: Very fast catamaran which departs from a pier near Surat Thani town (Koh Samui and Koh Phangan).
- Seatran: Car ferry which departs from Donsak, which is 90 minutes by bus from Surat Thani city (Koh Samui only).
- Raja Ferry: Car ferry which departs from Donsak (Koh Samui and Koh Phangan).
- Seatran Discovery: Fast ferry departing from Donsak (Koh Samui and Koh Phangan).
- Songserm: Medium speed ferry departing from Donsak (Koh Samui and Koh Phangan).
- Nigh Boat: Very slow service departing from Surat Thani city centre (Koh Samui or Koh Phangan).
- Bangkok: There are three ways to travel from Surat Thani to Bangkok.
- Flight: Several low cost airlines fly from Surat Thani to Bangkok. The flight time is just over 1 hour.
- Train. There are 10 trains a day from Surat Thani to Bangkok. The scheduled journey time is from 9 hours 05 minutes to 12 hours 46 minutes depending upon which .
- Bus: There several companies which travel direct from Surat Thani to Bangkok. The journey time by bus is 10 to 111 hours.
- Malaysia: You can travel direct or travel via Hat Yai.
- Direct: The three options for travelling direct to Malaysia are flying from Surat Thani to Kuala Lumpur, travelling by train to the Thai-Malay border or Sungai Kolok, or travelling by train to the Thai-Malay border at Padang Besar.
- Via Hat Yai: You can travel from Surat Thani to Hat Yai by bus, minivan or train. From Hat Yai you take direct bus services to Penang and Kuala Lumpur or fly direct from Hat Yai to Penang, Kuala Lumpur and Johor Bharu.
Last Updated on