By public bus it about 8 hours 30 minutes to travel 589 km from Bangkok to Lampang. You can also travel by train from Bangkok to Lampang or fly from Don Muang Airport in Bangkok to Lampang Airport with low cost airline Nok Air or fly from Suvarnambumi Airport to Lampang Airport with Bangkok Air.
Bus Timetable from Bangkok to Lampang
Click on the link below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Bangkok - Lampang ฿ 390–818 8h – 10h|
Where to get the Bus in Bangkok
Bus services to Lampang depart from Bangkok’s Northern Bus Terminal at 798 Kamphaeng Phet 2 Road, Khwaeng Chatuchak, Khet Chatuchak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10900, Thailand.
Arrival in Lampang
Bus services from Bangkok terminate at Lampang Bus Station, Phrabat, Mueang Lampang District, Lampang 52000.
Lampang is the third largest town in Thailand’s Northern Region, and it receives a lot less visitors than Chiang Mai which is the largest town in the Northern Region. Lampang is, however, starting to grow in popularity with foreign and domestic tourists and there are some interesting places to visit in this very old city. Its cheap in Lampang also with fewer tourists than go to Chiang Mai. One of the things Lampang is also known for is the absence of tuk-tuks, with the main form of local transport being shared taxi or horse drawn carriage.
The major attractions in Lampang are:
- Wat Phra That Lampang Luang: A temple dating back to the 15th Century made of teak
- Baan Sao Nak: A teak house built in 1895 with 116 pillars. Probably the best example of a wooden house in Thailand.
- The Thai Elephant Conservation Centre: Elephant centre with a good record for animal welfare.
- Wat Chedi Sao Lang: A temple with 20 chedi of different style, some of which are very old.
- Wat Sri Chum: The largest Burmese style temple in Thailand.