Thai AirAsia, Thai Lion Air, and Thai Smile all operate daily flights from Bangkok to Khon Kaen. You can also travel direct from Bangkok to Khon Kaen by train and by bus.
Flight schedule from Bangkok to Khon Kaen
Click on the ‘Bangkok – Khon Kaen’ link below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Bangkok - Khon Kaen ฿ 1,281–3,258 1h|
|Don Mueang Airport - Khon Kaen ฿ 583–1,110 55m – 1h 10m|
Flights to Khon Kaen depart from both Suvarnabhumi International Airport, 999 หมู่ 1 Nong Prue, Amphoe Bang Phli, Chang Wat Samut Prakan 10540 and Don Mueang Airport, 222 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd, Khwaeng Sanambin, Khet Don Mueang, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10210, Thailand.
Khon Kaen Airport
Flights from Bangkok arrive at Khon Kaen International Airport, 68/24 ถนน มะลิวัลย์ ตำบลบ้านเป็ด อำเภอ เมืองขอนแก่น Chang Wat Khon Kaen 40000.
About Khon Kaen
Khon Kaen is one of the 4 major cities of Thailand’s Northern eastern Region, with a city centre population of over 110,000 permanent residents. Khon Kaen has plenty of facilities but is not in itself a major tourist destination.
The principle places of interest to visit in Khon Kaen are:
- Wat Nong Waeng: A temple containing the Phra Mahathat Kaen Nakhon, which is a 9 level stupa each containing Buddha relics and displays relating to the history of the North Eastern Region of Thailand and the teaching of the Lord Buddha.
- Bueng Kaen Nakhon: Large lake and park in Khon Kaen city centre.
- City Pillar Shrine: The City Pillar Shrine, or Chao Por Lak Muang Shrine, is one of the most important places of worship in the city.
- Khon Kaen National Museum: Displays of dinosaur fossils and very old human artefacts from Ban Chiang. as well as art and precious stones.
- Wat Chai Si: Wat Chai Si is city centre temple containing some old and impressive murals on the walls of the temple buildings. There is also a folk museum located nearby.