By minivan the journey from Hua Hin to Bangkok is scheduled to take from 3 hours 45 minutes to 4 hours 00 minutes depending upon which transport operator you travel with.
Bus Timetable from Hua Hin to Bangkok
- Click on the Hua Hin – Bangkok link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Hua Hin - Bangkok ฿ 316 4h|
|Hua Hin - Bangkok ฿ 230–390 3h 45m – 4h|
|Hua Hin - Suvarnabhumi Airport ฿ 375 4h|
Departure from Hua Hin
Minivan services from Hua Hin to Bangkok depart from a number of different locations in Hua Hin including Hua Hin Minivan Station, 40/88 Phet Kasem Rd, Hua Hin, Hua Hin District, Prachuap Khiri Khan 77110.
Arrival in Bangkok
Minivan services from Hua Hin go to a variety of different destinations in Bangkok including the Northern, Southern and Eastern Bus Stations. For onward travel in Bangkok the most convenient arrival point in Bangkok is the Eastern Bus Terminal, which is on the Sukhumvit Road and very near to a BTS station.
Public Transport in Bangkok
Bangkok is a large busy city with often congested roads, particularly during busy hours from 06:00 to 09:00 and 17:00 to 21:00. Many first time visitors choose to travel around Bangkok by taxi or tuk-tuk. Meter taxis are very cheap in Bangkok if they actually use their meters so using a taxi is not prohibitively expensive like it is London. However, it is in fact often a lot quicker and almost as easy to use public transport in Bangkok, as well as cheaper and better for the environment.
Bangkok has 5 different public transport systems:
- Bus: The bus network is the most extensive public transport network in Bangkok, and it is also the cheapest and generally the slowest. For tourists staying in the Khao San Road using local buses is a great idea because Bangkok’s two rapid transport systems do not yet reach the Khao San Road area.
- Chao Phraya Express Boat: Commuter ferry service stopping at stations along the Chao Phraya River. You simply jump on and buy a ticket, which will be less than 20 THB for most journeys in Bangkok.
- Airport Link: This is a fast train service from Phaya Thai BTS station (in Central Bangkok) which travels 28 km to Suvarnabhumi Airport for a fare of 45 THB per person.
- BTS: Also known as the ‘Sky Train’, the BTS is Bangkok’s elevated suburban railway network with stations at lots of different destinations in Central Bangkok and interchange stations to the Chao Phraya Express Boat, Airport Link and MRT (metro).
- MRT: This is Bangkok’s underground train service which currently runs from the south of Central Bangkok via Bangkok Railway Station to the north of Central Bangkok via Bang Sue Railway Station, with interchanges to the BTS and Airport Link.