By bus the journey from Roi Et to Lampang is scheduled to take 14 hours 10 minutes.
Bus Timetable: Roi Et to Lampang
Click on the Roi Et – Lampang link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Roi Et - Lampang ฿ 667 14h 10m|
Departure from Roi Et
Bus services to Lampang depart from Roi Et Bus Terminal, 8/4, Tawapiban Road, Tambon Nai Mueang, Amphoe Mueang Roi Et, Roi Et, 45000.
Arrival in Lampang
Bus services from Roi Et to Lampang stop at Lampang Bus Terminal, Thanon Jantsurin, Phrabat, Mueang Lampang District, Lampang 52000.
Lampang, located just over 100 km to the south of Chiang Mai, is one of the larger towns in the Northern Region of Thailand. Lampang is also one of the lesser visited parts of the Northern Region with most tourists choosing not to stop in Lampang in favour of travelling further north to Chiang Mai, Pai and Chiang Rai. Lampang has a small number of major attraction some distance from the town centre, and some moderately popular attractions in the town itself. The facilities for tourists in Lampang are average. There are a small range of hotels and restaurants which will appeal to foreign tourists in and around the Tipchang Road.
The popular things to see in Lampang town itself and the surrounding area include:
- Kad Kong Ta Street Market: Weekend walking street in an historical part of the town selling a variety of foods and souvenirs, many prepared in traditional ways.
- Baan Sao Nak: Late 19th Century teak house opened up as a museum.
- Wat Pratu Ton Phueng: Traditional Lanna style temple which is ornately decorated with statues, intricate woodwork and colourful wall murals.
- Wat Phra That Lampang Luang: About 20 km from the town centre, Wat Phra That Lampang Luang is a large hill top temple with what is often claimed to be the largest wooden temple building in Thailand.
- Street Art: Along the south bank of the Wang River is an impressive selection of wall murals by local artists celebrating the life and culture of the people of Lampang.