By joint ferry and bus service it takes from 7 to 9 hours to travel from Koh Samui to Phuket depending upon which service you take. You can also fly from Koh Samui to Phuket.
Travel Times from Koh Samui to Phuket
- Click on the Koh Samui – Phuket link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Koh Samui - Phuket ฿ 500–1,000 6h – 12h|
|Koh Samui - Phuket ฿ 700–850 9h – 10h 30m|
|Koh Samui - Phuket ฿ 500–650 7h – 8h 30m|
Departure from Koh Samui
Joint ferry and bus services to Phuket depart from a number of locations of Koh Samui. Lomprayah High Speed Ferry services depart from Nathon Lomprayah Ferry Pier.
Arrival in Phuket
Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Services to Phuket terminate at the Lomprayah Bus Stop in Phuket Town located at 29 Soi Jaofa 38, Tambon Wichit, Amphoe Mueang Phuket, Chang Wat Phuket 83000.
About Phuket Town
If you are travelling by long distance bus service to Phuket you will arrive in Phuket at Phuket Town (unless you have booked a transfer to one of the beach resort areas). Phuket Town is an interesting place and is fast becoming increasingly popular as a tourist destination in its own right. Other parts of Phuket are known for their beaches, restaurants, nightlife and great hotels. Phuket Town doesn’t have a beach or any fantastically luxurious hotels but it does have something you won’t really find in the rest of Phuket in terms of history and culture. Phuket Town is also great value for money. Consider staying there for a night or two to take a look around the sights before you move onto one of the beach resort towns.
Amongst the most interesting things to see in Phuket Town are:
- Rang Hill: Hill with a viewpoint and the fantastic Wat Khao Rang.
- Thalang Road: Town centre road with lots of old and colourful Chinese style shop houses.
- Jui Tui Shrine: Important Chinese Taoist shrine in the town centre which is over 100 years old.
- Chinpracha House: Sino-Portuguese style mansion hotel constructed in 1903 and now open to the public as a museum.
Last Updated on