By speed boat the journey from Koh Ngai to Koh Lanta is scheduled to take 30 minutes.
Ferry Timetable: Koh Ngai to Koh Lanta
- Click on the Koh Ngai – Koh Lanta link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Koh Ngai - Koh Lanta ฿ 550–650 30m – 1h|
Departure from Koh Ngai
Bundhaya Speed Boat services to Koh Lanta depart from Koh Ngai Ferry Pier.
Arrival in Koh Lanta
Speed boat services from Koh Ngai arrive in Koh Lanta at Saladan Pier.
Beaches in Koh Lanta
Koh Lanta has lots of beaches on the west side of Koh Lanta Yai, which is the largest of the islands which make up Koh Lanta. The beaches tend to become less busy and less developed as you travel southward along the west coast, which is 30 km long, away from the main town of Ban Saladan where the main long distance ferry pier is located. Most of the beaches have accommodation at the edge of the sand, although a few do not and these beaches are popular destinations for day trippers renting motorbikes.
Amongst the best beaches in Koh Lanta are:
- Klong Dao Beach: A 2 km stretch of beach close to the main town of Ban Saladan. Klong Dao Beach is popular with families and older tourists. There are are lots of hotels, some cheap, some more expensive, and plenty of restaurants.
- Klong Khong Beach: A 2.6 km stretch of sand located 9.2 km from Ban Saladan. Another beach which attracts large numbers of holiday makers. This beach has more of a bar scene and sometimes characterised as being Koh Lanta’s ‘hippie beach’.
- Ao Nui Beach: A 260 metre long beach which is 21.6 km south of Ban Saladan. Ao Nui is one of the most beautiful beaches in Koh Lanta. There are hotels or other accommodation on this beach, just a single ramshackle bar. To get to Ao Nui beach you need to park on the roadside and walk down a hill to get to the beach itself.
- Bamboo Beach: Also known as Ao Mae Phai, Bamboo beach is 800 metres long and great for swimming. There are two resorts here, one moderately priced and another more expensive. The beach is surrounded by a steep forested hills and headland and is considered one of the best beauty spots on Koh Lanta.