By bus it takes 6 hours 40 minutes to travel 388 km from Loei to Nakhon Phanom.
Bus Timetable from Loei to Nakhon Phanom
Click on the ‘Loei – Nakhon Phanom’ link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Loei - Nakhon Phanom ฿ 404 6h 40m|
Bus Stop in Loei
Bus services to Nakhon Phanom depart from Loei Bus Terminal, Kut Pong, Mueang Loei District, Loei 42000.
Arrival in Nakhon Phanom
Bus services from Loei terminate at Nakhon Phanom Bus Station, Fueang Nakhon Nai Mueang, Amphoe Mueang Nakhon Phanom, Chang Wat Nakhon Phanom 48000.
About Nakhon Phanom
Nakhon Phanom is medium sized Thai town on the banks of the Mekong River, on the other side of which is Laos. The majority of visitors to Nakhon Phanom are just passing through either to Laos via Thai-Laos Friendship Bridge, which is 13 km to the north of Nakhon Phanom Town, or to go to Wat Phra That Phanom, which is 58 km to the south of Nakhon Phanom.
Nakhon Phanom does though have some point of interest which are worth visiting:
- Ho Chi Minh House: Residence of Vietnam’s famous independence leader during the late 1920s. This particular attraction get a lot of Vietnamese visitors.
- Old Governor’s Mansion: Elegant French-Indochinese style mansion built in 1915 which is open to visitors.
- Naga Monument: Statue of the mythical Naga which is believed to live in the Mekong River and breathes fireballs every year around late October. The statue was erected in 2016 in a bid to increase tourism to the area which it did.
- Night market: Nakhon Phanom has a lively night market on the Fueang Nakhon Road every night from 17:00.
- Wat Okat: Riverfront temple with two important Buddha statues.
- Nakhon Phanom Riverfront: There is a 13 km promenade stretching all the way from Nakhon Phanom town to the bridge over to Laos. You can hire a bike and spend a day visiting temples, old French style style houses, and an old church dating back to 1921 (St Anna’s Church) on route as well as enjoy enticing views of the mountains of Laos across the Mekong River.