AirAsia and Malaysia Airlines operate direct flights from Phuket to Kuala Lumpur.
Flight schedule: Phuket to Kuala Lumpur
Click on the Phuket – Kuala Lumpur link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Phuket - Kuala Lumpur ฿ 1,827–6,167 1h 30m – 1h 35m|
Flights to Kuala Lumpur depart from Phuket International Airport, Mai Khao, Thalang District, Phuket 83110.
Kuala Lumpur Airport
Flights from Phuket arrive at Kuala Lumpur International Airport.
About the Sri Mahamariamman Temple
The Sri Mahamariamman Temple, located in Kuala Lumpur’s China Town district, is open visitors Sunday to Thursday from 06:00 to 13:00 and 16:00 to 20:30, Fridays 06:00 to 13:30 and 16:00 to 21:30, and on Saturdays from 06:00 to 13:00 and again from 16:00 to 21:00. Admission is free, although you do need to pay a very small fee to deposit your shoes at a kiosk by the entrance to the temple.
- The Sri Mahamariamman Temple was established in 1873 making it Kuala Lumpur’s oldest Hindu.
- The Sri Mahamariamman Temple is also Kuala Lumpur’s most impressive Hindu especially since the addition of the distinctive South Indian style gopuram tower over the main entrance in 1972. The 22.9 metres tall tower, featuring 28 gods and characters from Hindu mythology, was crafted by skilled sculptors from Tamil Nadu state in India.
- The Sri Mahamariamman Temple started out as a private family temple whose construction was funded by K. Thamboosamy Pillay, a high ranking administrator in the British Government of the Malay peninsular and a highly successful businessman. The temple was opened to the public in 1927 and is now managed by a board of trustees.
- The Sri Mahamariamman Temple is particularly significant to Hindu immigrants to Kuala Lumpur because the Hindu deity Mariamman is considered by Hindus to be the protector of Hindus travelling abroad.
- The Sri Mahamariamman Temple is also a focal point for the local Hindu community and a place where people come to be married and for funeral rites to carried out by Hindu priests.
Last Updated on