There are two types of transport from Koh Phayam to Ranong:
- Speed boat, which takes 45 minutes.
- Wooden ferry, which takes 2 hours.
Timetable: Koh Phayam to Ranong
- Click on the Koh Phayam – Ranong link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Koh Phayam - Ranong ฿ 200–450 45m – 2h 30m|
Koh Phayam Ferry Pier
Ferry and Speed boat services to Ranong depart from Koh Phayam Pier.
Arrival in Ranong
There are different arrival points in Ranong:
- Ferry services from Koh Phayam to Ranong terminate at Tai Kak Pier, Ranong.
- Speed boat services from Koh Phayam to Ranong terminate at Nava Andaman Pier.
Ranong is a small town with fewer than 20,000 permanent residents. Ranong town is not a major destination in its own right although it is a transport hub for travel to and from Myanmar, Koh Phayam and Koh Chang. The town has a long distance bus station as well as an airport. The closest major train station is in Chumphon which is located 121 km by road from Ranong. There are direct flight to Bangkok from Ranong, as well direct bus services to Bangkok, Phuket, Krabi and Surat Thani for connecting ferry services to Koh Samui and Koh Phangan, where the Full Moon Party takes place.
Because of the number of people transiting through Ranong the town centre is well endowed with hotels and restaurants catering to foreign visitors. In terms of tourist attraction there are a few places of interest to visit in the town centre such centre such as the Rattanarangsan Palace, which is a recreation of palace that King Rama V stayed in during a visit to the town in the 19th Century. To get to some of the more interesting places to visit in the area, however, you need to travel by car or motorbike including:
- Punyaban Waterfall: 20 metre high waterfall located 16 km to the north of Ranong town.
- Ngao Waterfall National Park: National park with a long series of waterfalls located 15 km to the south of Ranong town.
- Raksawarin Hot Springs: Popular hot springs located 2.5 km to the east of Ranong town.