The journey by bus from Loei to Lampang is scheduled to take 7 hours 20 minutes.
Bus Timetable: Loei to Lampang
Click on the Loei – Lampang link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Loei - Lampang ฿ 467 7h 20m|
Departure from Loei
Bus services to Lampang depart from Loei Bus Terminal, Kut Pong, Mueang Loei District, Loei 42000.
Arrival in Lampang
Bus services from Loei to Lampang terminate at Lampang Bus Terminal, Jant Surin, Tambon Phrabat, Amphoe Mueang Lampang, Chang Wat Lampang 52000.
The best known tourist attraction in Lampang is Baan Sao Nak. Baan Sao Nak is a teak house built in 1895 by wealthy local teak farmers. Baan Sao Nak means the ‘house of many pillars’ and this name was given to the property because of the 106 wooden pillars raising the structure off the ground. The inside of the house features lots of antique furniture as well as pictures of the house and Lampang from the early 20th Century onward. Baan Sao Nak is open to visitors every day from 10:00 to 17:00 and admission costs 50 THB for foreign visitors.
Other places to visit in Lampang include:
- The street art on the south bank of the Wang River near to the Ratsadaphisek Bridge. The murals relate to Lampang and its people, some cleverly incorporating features of the landscape into the the scenes depicted.
- Wat Phra Kaew Don Tao is the largest temple in Lampang town centre and is famous for once having hosted Thailand’s most important statue, the Emerald Buddha.
- Wat Pratu Pong is a beautiful Lanna style Buddhist temple with a prayer hall which is largest constructed from intricately carved teak.
- Wat Pratu Ton Phueng is another Northern style Buddhist temple with some very good artwork and sculptures.
- Wat Phra That Lampang Luang is a 15th Century Buddhist temple located about 30 minutes drive from Lampang town centre. The temple is fortified and contains some old wooden temple building.
- Kad Kong Ta is street market which takes place every Saturday and Sunday night on one of the historic streets in Lampang’s old town area. The market sells a lot of traditional foods and products.