By bus it takes 9 hours 30 minutes to travel 544 km from Tak to Pattaya. The fastest alternative to travelling by bus from Tak to Pattaya is to fly from Mae Sot to Bangkok and then to take a taxi from Don Mueang Airport to Pattaya.
Bus Timetable from Tak to Pattaya
Click on the Tak – Chonburi link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets on the Tak to Pattaya route.
|Tak - Chonburi ฿ 548 9h 30m|
Bus Stop in Tak
Bus services to Pattaya depart from Tak Bus Station, 1-16/17 Phahonyothin Rd, Nam Ruem, Amphoe Mueang Tak, Chang Wat Tak 63000.
Arrival in Pattaya
Bus services from Tak terminate at the Pattaya Phetprasert Bus Station, Pattaya City, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150.
Tourism started in Pattaya in the late 1950s with US service men taking ‘R&R’ on the beach and the city developed with a focus on men having fun in a beach resort for several decades after hence Pattaya’s often well deserved reputation as a ‘seedy’ seaside town. Pattaya, however, is developing and major attractions and attempts to improve the beaches are starting to attract a wider range of tourists. Families and Asian tourists now go there as well as the traditional market of men having the same kind of ‘fun’ as the American servicemen in the 1950s and 1960s.
The top ten attractions in Pattaya are:
- The Sanctuary Of Truth: Large elaborate wooden temple still under construction.
- Nong Nooch Tropical Botanical Garden: Large themed tropical gardens.
- Cartoon Network Amazone: Cartoon network themed waterpark.
- Ramayana Water Park: Largest water park in Thailand.
- Art in Paradise Pattaya: 3D art museum.
- Big Buddha: Large golden Buddha statue on a hill top.
- Koh Larn: Nearby island with better swimming beaches and snorkelling than in Pattaya itself.
- Talad Tote Night Market: Lively night market with food at cheap prices.
- Tiger Park Pattaya: Private zoo where you can get into the cages and touch the tigers.
- Walking Street Pattaya: Long street of go-go bars, discos and restaurants.