By public bus it takes 4 hours 20 minutes to travel 165 km from Chonburi to Chanthaburi. There are no rail or air connections between Chonburi and Chanthaburi.
Bus Timetable from Chonburi to Chanthaburi
- Click on the ‘Chonburi – Chanthaburi’ link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Chonburi - Chanthaburi ฿ 221–308 2h 45m – 5h|
Bus Stop in Chonburi
Bus services to Chanthaburi depart from Chonburi Bus Station, Nong Mai Daeng, Chon Buri District, Chon Buri 20000.
Arrival in Chanthaburi
Bus services from Chonburi terminate at Chanthaburi Bus Terminal, Wat Mai, Mueang Chanthaburi District, Chanthaburi 22000.
Chanthaburi is a lesser known destination amongst most foreign visitors to Thailand, but the town is famous amongst Thai people. The main reason that it is famous because its known as the best place in Thailand to buy fruit. In June and July when the durian, longon, rambutan and mongosteen are harvested buyers come from all over Thailand, as well as major international fruit exporters, to Chanthaburi to buy the fruit. The other reason why Chanthaburi is well known across Asia is that it is a major centre for the trade in gems. Chanthaburi is a lively place with good facilities and a number of points of interest which make a trip to the area worthwhile.
Amongst the major attractions in Chanthaburi are:
- Farm Poo Nim: A restaurant located on stilts over a river estuary in a mangrove forest famous for its seafood and in particular its soft shelled crab fried with garlic and pepper.
- Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception: The largest Christian church in Thailand dating back to 1909 designed in a Gothic style with two imposing bell towers.
- Wat Phai Lom: City centre Buddhist temple with interesting Western architectural influences.
- Ploy Chan: A gem centre with information and displays about the gems mined in the area, and a sales room with traders selling the genuine article. The jewellery and gems sold here are not cheap because they are real. You get what you pay for.