Thai AirAsia operates flights from Hat Yai to Khon Kaen. The scheduled flight time is 1 hour 45 minutes.
Flight schedule from Hat Yai to Khon Kaen
- Click on the Hat Yai – Khon Kaen link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Hat Yai - Khon Kaen ฿ 2,059 1h 45m|
Hat Yai Airport
Flights from Hat Yai to Khon Kaen depart from Hat Yai International Airport, 99 Moo 3, Khlong La, Khlong Hoi Khai District Songkhla 90115.
Khon Kaen Airport
Flights from Hat Yai to Khon Kaen arrive in Khon Kaen at Khon Kaen Airport, 5 Maliwan Road, Ban Ped Sub-district, Mueang Khon Kaen District, Khon Kaen 40000.
About Khon Kaen
With a population of around 115,000 permanent residents, Khon Kaen is one of the larger towns in Thailand. Khon Kaen is economically and culturally important, but it is not a major destination for foreign tourists. There are, however, quite a lot of foreign visitors to the city who come either because they know someone who lives in or near Khon Kaen, or because they are on route to somewhere else, such as the Ubolratana Dam, the Phu Kradueng National Park, or perhaps headed east to Laos via Savannakhet.
If you do end up spending a day or two in Khon Kaen there are some good hotels and restaurants which cater well to foreign visitors, and a number of places to visit:
- Bueng Kaen Nakhon: Large city centre lake with an adjacent park. Fishing is permitted in the south eastern section of the lake and fishing equipment is available for rent nearby.
- Khon Kaen National Museum: City centre museum with artefacts and displays relating to the history of Khon Kaen and the wider North Eastern Region of Thailand.
- Phra Mahathat Kaen Nakhon: Temple with a 9 storey pagoda, also located in the city centre.
- Wat Chai Si: Temple with some very old wall mural located around 20 km to the west of Khon Kaen city centre.
- Phu Wiang National Park: Nature reserve made famous by the discovery of dinosaur fossils, which is located 85 km to the west of Khon Kaen city centre.