China Southern Airlines operates direct flights from Phuket to Guangdong.
Flight schedule: Phuket to Guangdong
Click on the Phuket – Guangdong link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Phuket - Guangdong ฿ 4,959–10,071 3h 30m – 11h 45m|
Flights to Guangdong depart from Phuket International Airport, Mai Khao, Thalang District, Phuket 83110.
Flights from Phuket arrive at Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, Baiyun, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China.
Chaozhou in Guangdong Province
Chaozhou is a very old town in the eastern most part of Guangdong Province named in official Chinese documents dating as far back as 214 BC. The town has grown since that time and now has a population over 2.5 million people. Chaozhou is a place with long lasting traditions and is famous for its performance arts, unique cuisine and manufacturing of ceramics. The city is reputed to have over 600 historical sites to visit and attracts a fair number of Chinese tourists but relatively few Westerners, which means few people speak English.
Amongst the most famous sites to visit in Chaozhou City are:
- Guangji Bridge: Bridge partly made out of floating boats originally built in the 12th Century.
- Kaiyuan Temple: Temples have existed on this site since 738 AD, although the current temple was constructed during the 18th Century. This temple contains an enormous range of old religious texts making it a prominent centre for the study of Buddhism and local history.
- City Wall: 2.6 km wall built during the Ming Dynasty.
- Imperial Son-in-law Xu’s mansion: Old building dating back to the Song Dynasty.
- Jiluehuang Temple: Temple featuring wood carvings from the Qing Dynasty.
- Chaozhou Thai Buddhist Temple: Modern Thai style Buddha temple.
- Xi Hu Yuan: Museum located in the city’s main park featuring collections of stones and a painting of the ancient city.
- The Lighthouse of Buddha: Ancient lighthouse built on the Han river.
Last Updated on