By train the journey from Bangkok to Sisaket is scheduled to take from 7 hours 33 minutes to 10 hours 59 minutes to travel 515.09 km depending upon which train you take.
Timetable from Bangkok to Sisaket
Click on the Bangkok – Sisaket link below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Bangkok - Sisaket ฿ 241–1,062 6h 34m – 10h 15m|
Bangkok Railway Station
Bangkok train station is located at Rong Mueang Rd, Rong Muang, Pathum Wan District, Bangkok 10330, Thailand.
Sisaket Railway Station
Sisaket train station is located at Mueang Tai, Mueang Si Sa Ket District, Si Sa Ket 33000.
Sisaket is a fairly large city with over 130,000 permanent residents. Sisaket Province as a whole is one of the poorer provinces in Thailand, with much of the population reliant on small scale farming. It is also one of the more ethnically diverse provinces of Thailand, with a significant proportion of the population having Laos or Cambodian ethnic heritage, which is unsurprising given the proximity of the province to both Cambodia and Laos. Sisaket does not get a lot of foreign visitors and the facilities for foreign visitors, such as hotels and restaurants, are poorly developed as a consequence.
Sisaket city centre has relatively little which will be of interest to most tourists, however, outside of the city itself there are notable temples and a large national park. Amongst the most popular of the tourist attractions in Sisaket Province are:
- Pha Mor E Daeng: Red stone cliff within the Khao Phra Wihan National Park famous for its Khmer era engravings.
- Wat Pa Maha Chedi Kaew: Temple constructed out of over 1.5 million empty beer bottles.
- Wat Pa Sri Mongkhon Rattanaram: Beautiful small temple notable for its architecture and tropical gardens.
- Prasat Kamphaeng Yai: 10th Century Khmer temple near Uthumphon Phisai Railway Station.
- Wat Phrai Phatthana: Culturally significant monastery dedicated to the famous monk Luang Pu Suang.
- Wat Thep Prasat Sa Kamphaeng Noi: 12th Century Khmer temple also near Uthumphon Phisai Railway Station.