By joint ferry and bus service the journey from Koh Tao to Surat Thani is scheduled to take between 5 hours 30 minutes and 8 hours 40 minutes depending upon which service you take and your final destination in Surat Thani.
Ferry Timetable: Koh Tao to Surat Thani
- Click on the Koh Tao – Surat Thani link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Koh Tao - Surat Thani ฿ 900 5h|
Departure from Koh Tao
Joint ferry and bus services to Koh Tao depart from Mae Haad Pier in Koh Samui.
Arrival in Surat Thani
Joint ferry and bus services from Koh Tao go to four different destinations in Surat Thani: Surat Thani city centre, Surat Thani Bus Terminal, Surat Thani Railway Station and Surat Thani Airport.
About Surat Thani
Surat Thani is the administrative capital of Surat Thani Province, and with a population of around 125,000 permanent residents it ranks as one of the ten largest cities in Thailand. Surat Thani also ranks in the top ten list of cities in Thailand with the fewest tourist attractions. Surat Thani city centre has a picturesque river running through it, some great night markets and an authentic Southern Thai atmosphere but it is a relatively new city with no old buildings of note and no historical sites in the city itself. This said, it has a relatively good range of hotels and restaurants, and several shopping centres, that meet the expectations of most visitors from Europe and North America. Despite the lack of tourist attractions a lot of foreign visitors pass through Surat Thani because it is a regional transport hub.
There are five major transport stations in Surat Thani:
- Surat Thani Airport: 28 km from Surat Thani city centre with flights to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Kuala Lumpur and Chengdu in China.
- Surat Thani Railway Station: 16 km from Surat Thani city centre. From Surat Thani Railway Station there are direct train services to the Thai-Malay border, Bangkok, Hat Yai, Hua Hin and other stations on Thailand’s Southern Railway Line.
- Surat Thani Bus Terminal: Located 6 km from Surat Thani city centre. This is the main long distance bus station in Surat Thani with services to Bangkok, amongst other destinations.
- Downtown Transportation Hub Talad Kaset 1: Located off the Talad Mai Road in Surat Thani city centre, this is a bus station with minivan services to Hat Yai, Khanom, Sichon, Nkahon Si Thammarat and other destinations in Southern Thailand. If you book a minivan with a travel agent, it will most likely originate from this bus station before coming to pick you up at the travel agency where you booked the ticket.
- Downtown Transportation Hub Talad Kaset 2: Also located off the Talad Mai Road in Surat Thani city centre, this is a bus station with bus and minivan services to Surat Thani Airport, Krabi, Phuket, Hat Yai and other destinations in Southern Thailand.
Last Updated on