By public bus or minivan it takes between 4 hours 00 minutes and 4 hours 30 minutes to travel from Surat Thani to Ao Nang in Krabi Province.
Bus Timetable from Surat Thani to Ao Nang
- Click on the ‘Surat Thani – Ao Nang’ link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
Bus Stop in Surat Thani
Bus services to Ao Nang depart from both Surat Thani Town and Surat Thani Railway Station.
- Location of Surat Thani Railway Station:
Arrival in Ao Nang
Bus services from Surat Thani drop passengers off at any hotel in the Ao Nang Beach area.
About Ao Nang
Ao Nang is the most popular beach resort in mainland Krabi Province. Ao Nang is easily accessible from Krabi Airport and Krabi Town, has lots of hotels, restaurants and bars in relatively small area in front of Ao Nang Beach. The 1.4 km long Ao Nang beach is the major attraction in Ao Nang itself, combined with the very wide range of places to eat, drink and shop. Many holiday makers find that Ao Nang provides them with everything that they after from a one or two beach week holiday.
There are also lots of places you can visit whilst staying at Ao Nang:
- Wat Tham Suea: Located 21.8 km from Ao Nang, Wat Tham Suea is an interesting temple with a hill top view point and a series of caves where a large tiger is believed to have once lived.
- Krabi Town: Located 17.8 km from Ao Nang, Krabi Town has Southern Thailand’s largest fresh food market, an interesting riverside area with a sculpture park, a great riverside Night Market and a lively evening Walking Street market.
- Railay Beach: The next major beach to the west of Ao Nang, accessible only boat either direct from Ao Nang Beach or more cheaply from nearby Ao Nammao Pier.
- Koh Phi Phi: Ferry services to Koh Phi Phi depart from Nopparat Thara Pier which is only 3.1 km from Ao Nang Beach.