By ferry the journey from Koh Phi Phi to Phuket is scheduled to take between 2 hours and 2 hours 35 minutes depending upon which service you take.
Ferry Timetable from Koh Phi Phi to Phuket
- Click on the Koh Phi Phi – Phuket link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Koh Phi Phi - Phuket ฿ 450–1,601 45m – 5h|
Koh Phi Phi Ferry Pier
Ferry services from Koh Phi Phi to Phuket depart from Tonsai Pier.
Arrival in Phuket
Ferry services from Koh Phi Phi arrive in Phuket at Rassada Pier.
About Phuket Town
Over the past few years Phuket Town has become an increasingly popular tourist destination in its own right.
Tin Mining in Phuket
Phuket Town was a prosperous settlement from the 18th Century through to around the middle of the 20th Century due first to commercial rubber farming and then a tin mining industry which attracted large numbers of migrant workers, particularly from China. The town’s former wealth is evident from the grand ‘Sino-Portuguese’ style buildings in Phuket Town’s ‘Old Town’ district.
End of Tin Mining in Phuket
When tin mining ceased on Phuket tourism took over as the main industry and Phuket Town went into decline for several decades. The emergence of the Old Town as a tourist attraction has brought life back into Phuket Town. There are lots of value for money hotels and restaurants in Phuket Town as well making it a great place to stay.
Tourist Attractions in Phuket Town
Amongst the places to visit in Phuket Town are:
- Rang Hill: Viewpoint with a interesting temple, Wat Khao Rang, on the way up the hill.
- Chinpracha House: Early 20th Century mansion built as a private home and now open as a museum.
- Jui Tui Shrine: Early 20th Century Chinese style shrine which is at the centre of Phuket’s annual Vegetarian Festival.
- Thalang Road: Picturesque street with colourful Chinese style shop houses.
- Thai Hua Museum: Museum dedicated to local history located within a grand Sino-Portuguese style mansion.