By bus the journey from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen is scheduled to take 4 hours 45 minutes.
Bus Times from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen
- Click on the Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Ubon Ratchathani - Khon Kaen ฿ 310–377 5h 10m – 6h 50m|
Bus Station in Ubon Ratchathani
Bus services from from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen depart from Ubon Ratchathani Bus Terminal.
Bus stop in Khon Kaen
Bus services from from Ubon Ratchathani to Khon Kaen arrive in Khon Kaen at Khon Kaen Bus Terminal 3.
About Travel to Khon Kaen
The arrival point in Khon Kaen for bus services from Ubon Ratchathani, Khon Kaen Bus Terminal 3, is located just over 7 km from Khon Kaen city centre. We recommend taking a meter taxi from the bus station into the city centre, which should cost less than 100 THB. There are plenty of hotels in Khon Kaen, many of which are great value for money. Khon Kaen isn’t that popular as a tourist destination and most of the hotels are priced to accommodate business travellers with good facilities for around 500 THB a night. The main exception is the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid, which is a 5 star hotel. Many of the popular bars and restaurants in Khon Kaen, particularly those that cater specifically for foreign visitors, are located in the streets around the Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid.
Khon Kaen city centre has no internationally famous tourist attractions. There are some points of interest, however, for sightseers if you have a few hours to occupy:
- Khon Kaen National Museum: Displays of archaeological finds from the North Eastern Region.
- Wat Chai Si: Notable for its murals and on site local history museum.
- Wat Pa Saeng Arun: Located 3 km from the city centre, this temple has an ordination hall which is a very good example of traditional North Eastern style temple architecture.
- Phra Mahathat Kaen Nakhon: Temple with a 9 storey pagoda containing some interesting exhibits and statues. From the upper levels visitors get good views across the city.