Ferry times from Surat Thani City, Surat Thani Airport and Surat Thani Railway Station to Koh Tao.
Ferry Timetable to Koh Tao
- Click on the Surat Thani – Koh Tao link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Surat Thani - Koh Tao ฿ 1,050–1,150 11h|
Surat Thani Lomprayah Ferry Pier
Surat Thani Lomprayah High Speed Ferry pier is at Bang Kung, Mueang Surat Thani District, Surat Thani 84000, Thailand.
Koh Tao Ferry Port
Ferry services from Surat Thani to Koh Tao arrive at Mae Haad Ferry pier.
About Travel to Koh Tao
There are four different ferry services operating from Surat Thani to Koh Tao:
- Lomprayah High Speed Ferry: Departing a pier near to Surat Thani city centre and taking 4 hours to travel to Koh Tao
- Seatran Discovery Ferry: Departing from Donsak, which is 90 km away away from Surat Thani city centre and taking 4 hours to reach Koh Tao.
- Songserm: Also departing from a pier in Donsak, 1 hour 30 minutes by bus from Surat Thani city centre, and taking 4 hour 30 minutes to sail to Koh Tao.
- Night Boat: Departing from a river pier in Surat Thani city centre and arriving in Koh Tao the following morning after a journey of 9 hours.
Important information about travel from Surat Thani to Koh Tao:
- The Lomprayah High Speed Ferry, Seatran Discovery and Songserm company all operate joint bus and ferry services taking passengers from Surat Thani Airport, Surat Thani Railway Station and Surat Thani City to Koh Tao.
- The best service is offered by the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry Company which operates the fastest passenger ferries in the Gulf of Thailand.
- Lomprayah High Speed Ferry services depart from a pier on the Tapee River just to the north of Surat Thani city centre and, although the Lomprayah High Speed Ferry service takes about the same time to reach Koh Tao as the Seatran Discovery and Songserm ferries, passengers travelling from Surat Thani have an hour shorter bus ride to get to the ferry pier.
- The Night Boat is a converted wooden fishing boat which leaves from a pier in the centre of Surat Thani city at 23:00 at night. Passengers are allocated a mattress in a cabin, and there is a very small space on deck to sit if you don’t want to sleep. The cabin in the Night boat can be very hot, uncomfortable and noisy and we don’t recommend it for people travelling with young children or women travelling alone.