Thai AirAsia and Nok Air operate daily flights from Bangkok to Roi Et.
Flight schedule from Bangkok to Roi Et
Click on the Bangkok – Roi Et link below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Don Mueang Airport - Roi Et ฿ 1,157–2,066 1h 10m – 1h 15m|
Flights to Roi Et depart from Don Mueang Airport, 222 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd, Khwaeng Sanambin, Khet Don Mueang, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10210, Thailand.
Roi Et Airport
Flights from Bangkok arrive at Roi Et Airport, 135 ถนน ร้อยเอ็ด โพนทอง Ma-ue, Thawat Buri District, Chang Wat Roi Et.
About Roi Et
With a population of around 35,000 people, Roi Et is one of Thailand’s smallest provincial capitals. The main industry in Roi Et Province is agriculture and at the present time Roi Et town does not appear to be particularly prosperous, not does it attract many foreign visitors. There are things to see and do in Roi Et, but the most impressive attraction of the province are located some distance from the city itself. The big event of the year in Roi Et, when it attracts the most visitors, is the Bun Bang Fai Festival held in June every year. The Bun Bang Fai Festival involves locally made rocket being fired into the sky as a part of a tradition believed to bring a good harvest and plentiful rain. The timing of the festival coincides with the planting of rice seedlings in the paddy fields of North Eastern Region of Thailand.
As well as the Bun Bang Fai Festival other places to visit in and around Roi Et include:
- Wat Buraphaphiram: Temple with Thailand’s tallest standing Buddha statue.
- Phalanchai Lake: 200,000 sqm lake with an adjacent park in the centre of Roi Et.
- Roi Et National Museum: Local history museum.
- Prasat Nong Ku: Khmer era temple complex in good condition considering the age of the buildings.
- Wat Pha Nam Yoi: Hill top temple including the Phra Maha Chedi Chai Mongkol, which has five levels that visitors can go inside. The chedi, built in the late 20th Century, is one of the largest chedi in Thailand.