By ferry and public bus or minivan it takes 3 hours to travel 75 km from Koh Lanta to Krabi. A quicker, but more expensive, option is to take a direct ferry from Koh Lanta to Kabi which takes just 1 hour pier to pier.
Bus Timetable from Koh Lanta to Krabi
- Click on the ‘Koh Lanta – Krabi’ link in the timetable below for more information and to buy tickets.
|Koh Lanta - Krabi ฿ 922–1,310 1h – 3h|
|Koh Lanta - Krabi ฿ 359–500 2h 30m – 3h|
Koh Lanta car ferry pier
Bus services to Krabi commence with a short sea crossing by car ferry from Klong Mak Pier.
Arrival in Krabi
Bus and minivan services from Koh Lanta terminate at Krabi Bus Terminal, which located a few kilometres to the north of Krabi Town .
About Krabi Town
Krabi Town is a small riverside city with a population of just over 50,000 people. Krabi Town itself is not particularly popular with foreign visitors who tend to pass straight through on route to the more famous beaches of Ao Nang and Railay. There are, however, a few things worth seeing in the town itself as well as nearby before heading off to the beach.
The main attractions of Krabi Town include:
- Wat Tham Suea: The Tiger Temple is a famous hilltop temple about 8 km from Krabi Town with lots of steps to climb to get there.
- Khao Kanab Nam: Two large steep sided hills which you can access by boat and walk up.
- Night Market: Located by the pier on the riverside promenade in the city centre this is great place to go and eat local seafood at inexpensive prices.
- Krabi Morning Market: The largest covered market in Southern Thailand.
- Contemporary Art Museum of Krabi: Exhibition of Thai modern art.
- Wat Kaew: The main temple in the city. Although not very old, this temple is very distinctive.